Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW!!!

This is what it looked like outside of my house today:

So I did what came naturally. I cooked!



A loaf of good bread with poppy seeds and toasted sesame seeds:




Iceberg wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing and Benton's bacon:


Tony Bourdain's Boeuf Bourguignon with some roasted red potatoes:


Just the perfect, warm, comforting winter night supper!


And it's not supposed to warm up at all tomorrow, so at least one more day of this lovely chilly isolation from the world. We were supposed to have The Child's family birthday celebration tomorrow with cupcakes and ice cream, but no one can get here (including her) - and I am sorry about that. But I can't help my snow lust. I want more of it. A whole week of cooking, eating, reading and organizing my house. I am a homebody and anything that keeps me (and the Mr.) here makes me happy. Plus - it's just pretty!


Tomorrow - BANANA BREAD!















1 comment:

  1. OK, Miss Smartypants, you win.

    I posted a perfectly-creditable snow-night supper, with a good ole Tuna Casserole, and what did YOU do???

    Boeuf Bourguignon, a home-baked loaf of divine bread, and such a terrific salad you named the bacon. You young folks DO beat all.

    I slink away. I grovel. I kowtow. OW!

    ReplyDelete